THE BEST BUDGET SKINCARE PRODUCTS

With how this year has gone so far, I think everyone is interested in budgeting sensibly for beauty or skincare. No matter what, everyone wants their skin to look it’s best so here are my top picks for the best ‘budget’ skincare brands.

The Ordinary / Deciem – If you haven’t heard of The Ordinary products, then where have you been living?! The brand has a vast range of products to cater to any skin concern with a ‘no nonsense’ simple ingredient list. If you know which ingredient you need to solve your skin concern then this is the place for you. However, if you don’t know which ingredient you need then be prepared to spend some time on the site going through each product and what skin problem it solves. What I love about this brand is that there are no nasties or unnecessary ingredients mixed into the products so you get exactly what you expect.My personal favourite product from Ordinary is the Retinol 1% in Squalane which is what I’m currently using. I’ve heard so much about Retinol being the holy grail of skin saviours so when I decided to start using it, I knew it had to be a product which gives me just the Retinol and nothing more or less. I’ve been using it for a few weeks and honestly, I don’t know why I waited so long to start using Retinol. The visible results you see close up in your skin is insane. The texture is so much smoother and less visible bumps. You can find The Ordinary products on noon.com and amazon. Pricing of products range from $3 up to 15$ (15dhs to 71dhs) so it’s an affordable range that actually works.

The Inkey List – The Inkey List consists of skincare and haircare products which cut to the chase when it comes to easy shopping for skincare. It’s pretty easy and fuss free to shop for skincare on their website. The site lists each type of skin concern such as dry patches, breakouts etc and alongside it lists the products they recommend to solve the skin concern. The products are based on simple, single ingredient formulas, so all you really need to know is what your skin concern is and pick the products that they recommend for the said concern. This is a brand I’ve only just recently learnt about and although I haven’t tried any of the products as yet, it sounds like a brand I’d love to try. The products I’m excited to try are the Salicylic cleanser to reduce breakouts, the Glycolic Acid toner to improve skin texture, the Beta Hydroxy Acid to reduce blackheads and pore size and finally the Apple Cider Vinegar Acid Peel to improve pre-existing acne scarring – so not much! The pricing for skincare starts from $4.99 up to $14.99 ( dhs to dhs) and are available soon on Sephora online and in stores.

Sephora Collection – Sephora have really raised their game in the skincare field. They offer products for all skin types and address almost all skin concerns. The products are simple and easy to understand, so if you know what your skin needs then it’s pretty easy to pick the right products for it. The collection ranges from face masks, hand and foot masks, lotions, cleansers and moisturisers with serums for more targeted concerns. I recently tried the Dr Pimple lotion and it worked wonders. It’s easy to use and has 90% natural ingredients with the remaining 10% ensuring sensory appeal and product preservation. The range starts from $3 up to $20 (12dhs to 112dhs).

PIXI – PIXI is a beauty brand which consists of skincare and makeup so you have a large variety of products to choose from. The range has been developed by a makeup artist who is passionate about skincare and it’s evident in the type of products available. What I love about the skincare range is that they have smaller sizes which I wouldn’t really call mini as they are substantially bigger sizes than what comes to mind when you think of ‘mini’ sized products. They have everything from Glow tonics, mud cleansers, vitamin sheets, Retinol tonics, serums and moisturisers. I personally love the Glow tonic which is infused with 5% Glycolic Acid, Aloe Vera, Ginseng and Botanical extracts for clearer and brighter skin. The range is available on Sephora online and in stores and ranges from $4 up to $29 (58dhs to 153dhs).